Z-arts’ Pop Stars class is delivered by soul singer Yemi Bolatiwa. With residencies in some of the city’s best loved music venues, festivals around the UK and featured on BBC Radio Manchester, Yemi comes with great experience to share with your children. They’ll work towards performances and even record their own songs in our professional Levi’s music studio!
You child can;
- Have fun and make friends
- Learn to sing loud and gain vocal confidence
- Explore improvisation and making original music
- Play games to explore basic music theory
- Learn about eras of music from classic jazz, feel good reggae or upbeat pop and much more
- Explore lyrics and song writing
- Learn microphone techniques and control
- Learn percussion play, rhythm & rhyme
- Record their own music
The class is aimed at ages 8-11 years (school year 3 – year 6). Children entering year 3 may attend as they will be turning 8 years old within the year.
All Bright Sparks classes only become available to book a week in advance, before this all sessions will display below as ‘sold out’ as they are not available for booking.
Art Stars is free for Bright Sparks Members.
Bright Sparks membership includes:
- Free admission for parents and children into Z-arts participatory activities and classes
- Holiday activities, each with a different theme, running during half-term, Easter and Summer Holidays
- Discounted tickets to any Big Imaginations production
- A chance to come along to our Sparklers parents group, where you can offer ideas and suggestions for the future
- A complimentary cup of tea/coffee/milk/juice for 2 people at every Sparklers meeting
Book tickets now - choose a time belowShow accessible performances only
Times displayed in grey may be sold out or not currently available. Alternatively workshops may be locked for Bright Sparks Members and require a log in.