19th January 2022
Our children and families make our world go round, and their health and well-being is at the heart of everything we do. We have made some changes to the way we operate and to our building to help keep everyone safe during the ongoing pandemic and these things will be staying in place to ensure our staff, visiting cast & crew and families feel completely safe at Z-arts:
- Some of our shows and our exhibition are socially distanced, and audience members are limited to keep our children and families safe. Please check each individual show to see which performances are socially distanced. Contact our friendly Box Office team who will be happy to help you with any queries you might have!
- We use a disinfectant fogging machine in between shows.
- Masks are to be worn at all times when in our theatre and also in our gallery, where you’ll be meeting our very hungry Tiger!
- Building improvements – new air-con and air handling, improved toilet facilities, new windows.
- Masks – All staff will be wearing masks and we ask that people over the age of 12 years old wear a mask or face covering and keep it on during their stay (apart from in the cafe, which is exempt as a hospitality space)
- Cleaning – We have a new eco-friendly, very exciting anti-viral cleaning system, Toucan Eco. We now make our own cleaning products on-site and use refillable bottles, so less wasted plastic but fully compliant and safe. We use a machine to ‘mist’ our rooms after each class.
- Give Space – So as to not make things too complicated for small people, we operate a very simple ‘keep left’/give space policy in the building with arrows for those who might not know their left from their right just yet!
- Classes – Numbers have been reduced and starting times staggered so there’s no rush at the Box Office. If you are poorly, we want you to stay at home until you’re better and can enjoy your class properly.
- Theatre – We now have a seating plan for you to be able to choose seats in advance, some of our shows are socially distanced. You can use e-tickets on your phone, or print them at home. Your tickets will have a door colour on them and all four of the theatre doors will be used. You must keep your face covering on while in the theatre.
- We will continue to offer a book with confidence exchange with ease policy.
- Cafe – the cafe is open during Tiger and theatre shows.
- Gallery – Tiger and Mog are open for visitors. We have a larger space for the story and windows have been fitted, plus air ‘handling’ in the exhibition (fresh air). Numbers are limited and families are distanced from each other. Please wear masks while inside. We will continue to offer a book with confidence exchange with ease policy.
We are asking all families, visitors and staff to:
- Use the hand sanitising stations provided
- Respect social distancing
Travel guidance if you travel by public transport https://tfgm.com/coronavirus
Finally, we would like to say a big THANK YOU to all our friends, wonderful families, and supporters! So many of you have sent truly thoughtful and kind messages to us and been so generous with your donations, we have all been incredibly touched. If you would like to donate or become a Z-arts Friend, you can do so here.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to Z-arts soon!
If you have any queries or questions, please feel free to give us a call on 0161 226 1912.