Z-arts are working in partnership with STUN (Sustained Theatre Up North) to offer a development opportunity for an artist who is interested in making work for children and families.
STUN supports, develops, and commissions work with creatives from black and ethnic minority communities in the North West.
We are looking for an artist to come and try out some ideas. This doesn’t need to be a completely new piece of writing. We are particularly interested in hearing stories that are not being told. Examples of artists supported by Z-arts are as follows:
- Drag Queen Storytime https://www.z-arts.org/events/drag-queen-story-time/
- Family Vogue Ball https://www.z-arts.org/events/family-vogue-ball/
- The Little Prince https://www.z-arts.org/events/the-little-prince/
- Aleiah’s Adventure https://www.z-arts.org/events/aleiahs-adventure/
- Sue & Sita https://www.z-arts.org/events/sue-and-sita/
What we are offering
- Up to 3 weeks residency in a creative space within the Z-arts building.
- Dates will be W/C Monday 14th March 2022, W/C Monday 21st March 2022 and W/C Monday 28th March 2022 .
- Days will be Monday-Friday.
- Up to £3500 for the residency.
- Informal sharing in front of a representative from STUN and Z-arts.
- Artist support and guidance throughout the week.
- Documentation support.
- The opportunity to watch shows in Z-arts current programme.
Who we want to hear from?
- Creatives from black and ethnic minority communities.
- You must have an interest in developing work for children (12 years and under) and families.
Please answer the following questions. (200 words maximum). If you would prefer you can record your answers in video or audio format. (1 minute recording maximum).
– Name of lead artist
– Email address
– Contact Number
– Tell us about you as an artist?
– What will you do with this space/money?
Please send your application and Equal Opportunities Form to email@example.com by 12pm on Tuesday 11th January 2022.
We will be inviting shortlisted artists to meet with us W/C Monday 17th January 2022.
Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01612261912 and ask to speak to Tabitha or Zoe.