Our Theatre space is available for hire. Our Theatre, seating 222, is our main performance area. With the seating in place, the stage area is a generous 10.5m x 14.9m and includes ample backstage space and dressing rooms, with an extra green room available for a small cost, if needed. The seating can be retracted to accommodate 50 cabaret style or 300 standing. A popular performance venue in Manchester, it has been used as a venue for Manchester Comedy Festival, Manchester Literature Festival, BBC Question Time and Insight Film Festival as well as a space for many theatre and dance performances. This versatile space also provides the perfect environment for conferences and networking events.
- Suitable for: performances, concerts, conferences, talks, and seminars
- Capacity: 222 with raked seating bank, 300 standing (seating retracted)
- Basic Theatre Performance Package: £775 +VAT
- Basic Theatre Performance Package for registered charities: £650 +VAT
Our Basic Theatre Package includes:
- 10 hours’ access to the theatre (including get-in, set-up, tech run, dress run, performance, and get-out time – the latest get-out time for this package is 22:00 without incurring additional charges).
- Use of all standard theatre equipment (including PA system and lighting)
- 1 Technician for 10 hours to operate lighting (this includes general cover and 2 specials only) and sound for rehearsal and simple performance. (Short comfort breaks must be factored into this time.)
- 4 Z-arts stewards (who are H&S and fire trained) to staff the performance. (based on maximum performance time of 3 hours including interval)
- Dressing area for a small cast of up to 10 approx. (larger casts will be required to hire additional space).
All tickets MUST be managed by Z-arts Box Office, with Z-arts taking a 10% of total box office takings to cover admin and staffing costs. No external ticketing is permitted. All events must be ticketed, for free events there will be a £12.50 charge to cover Z-arts’ printing and admin costs.
*Please note that some shows may require us to charge for extra technicians, adding a charge of up to £160 plus VAT per person.
- Use of portable projector in theatre.
- Any extra lighting (including staffing), i.e. lighting plan, pre-rig, or post-rig.
- Additional tech staffing.
- Additional rehearsal and tech time (if required).
- Heavy duty cleaning.
- Any applicable PRS fees will be added to the invoice.
- Professional security staff.
- Additional stewarding hours.
- Additional time for get-in/get-out.
- Extra holding space for performers, cast, or crew.
All enquiries can be sent to our Bookings Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that when booking the theatre, you will need to arrange a meeting with our Technical Manager to discuss your requirements and any possible additional costs.
Theatre Drinks at Z-café
Z-café transforms into a fully stocked bar for evening events. We also have an upper bar area situated on the first floor, which is a vibrant spot for pre-theatre and interval drinks.
If you have any booking enquiries or would like to hire a space with us, please email email@example.com.