The Theatre, seating 225, is our main performance area. With the seating in place,the stage area is a generous 10.5m x 14.9m and has an extensive backstage area and dressing rooms, with an extra green room available for a small cost, if needed. The seating can be retracted to accommodate 50 cabaret style or 300 standing. A popular performance venue in Manchester, it has been used as a venue for Manchester Comedy Festival, Manchester Literature Festival, BBC Question Time and Insight Film Festival as well as a space for many theatre and dance performances. This versatile space also provides the perfect environment for conferences and networking events.
- Suitable for: performances, concerts, conferences, talks and seminars
- Capacity: flexible layout depending on your requirements.
Raked Theatre seating for 225 people
- Basic Theatre Performance Package: £680 +VAT
- Basic Theatre Performance Package for registered charities: £560 +VAT
Our Basic Theatre Package includes:
- 10 hours access to the theatre (including get in, set up, tech run, dress run, performance and get-out time, the latest get-out time for this package is 10pm without incurring additional charge)
- Use of all standard theatre equipment (including PA system and lighting)
- 1 Technician for 10 hours to operate lighting (this includes general cover and 2 specials only) and sound for rehearsal and simple performance.
- Dressing area for a small cast (up to 10 approx. Larger casts will be required to hire additional space).
- 4 Z-arts stewards (who are H&S and fire trained) to staff the performance. (based on maximum performance time of 3 hours including interval)
- One event manager to coordinate the event
All tickets MUST be handled through Z-arts Box Office, with Z-arts taking a 10% of total box office takings to cover admin and staffing costs. No external ticketing is permitted. All events must be ticketed, for free events there will be a £12.50 charge to cover Z-arts’ printing and admin costs.
*Please note that many shows require an extra technician, bringing the total to £830 +VAT
The Hirer must confirm any requirements for catering at least 48 hours in advance, and any other pre-ordered facilities and services at least 7 days prior to the Event date. Where catering is required for an event by a hirer, it is mandatory that Z-arts is the provider of the catering, be that via our internal catering or an approved external company, unless otherwise agreed by the General Manager. In the event of an external company being authorised, a fee of £25 will be levied to the hirer by Z-arts to account for reception, cleaning and refuse disposal.
- Use of portable projector in theatre
- Any extra lighting i.e. lighting plan or pre-rig.
- Additional rehearsal and tech time (if required)
- Heavy duty cleaning
- Any applicable PRS fees will be added to the invoice.
- Professional security staff
- Sunday performances – (we are closed on Sundays so this incurs significant extra cost, please ask for Sunday hire package)
- Additional stewarding hours.
- Additional time for get-in/get-out.
– Extra holding space for performers.
*All enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note – when booking the theatre, you will also need to arrange a meeting with Stacey our Tech Manager, email@example.com to discuss your requirements and any possible additional costs.
Our Café transforms into a fully stocked bar for evening events. We also have an upper bar area situated on the first floor, which is a vibrant spot for interval drinks and post-performance entertainment. The bar’s circular cut-away balcony is close to the theatre doors and overlooks the Café
If you have any booking enquiries or would like to hire a space please email firstname.lastname@example.org