Z-arts are very pleased to announce that we’ve developed a dedicated range of inclusive arts opportunities for children and young people with additional educational needs and disabilities running from the 14th to 18th December as part of our Make & Believe sessions. These sessions are free of charge.
As you know Manchester is in Tier 3, and this means we can’t run most of our sessions in person at the moment. However, over the last few months we have been delivering activities online and our new Z-Access Make & Believe programme offers bespoke & accessible one-to-one online sessions for children and families. All these session will help you to develop skills, work creatively, build confidence and, most importantly, have fun!
We have designed the Z-Access programme with flexibility in mind, so children and their families can choose:
- The artists they would like to work with from the Z-arts Creative team.
- The art form they like to join in with (Story-writing, music, arts & crafts etc)
- The activity they would like to complete (see the activity descriptions)
- The time that suits them best from 4.00, 5.00 or 6.00pm on that day
All you need to do now is decide who, what and when!
The sessions will be one-to-one so we just need you to make sure that for each session one child and one grown-up join in with the activity on Zoom. All details will be sent out prior to the event starting.
Booking will close at 12 midday on Monday 7 December to give us time to accomodate all requests.
- Take a look at the sessions below to help you decide what you want to do and then book 1 ticket for your family for that day. (click here to see the full activity descriptions)
- All activities will last approximately 50 mins. But can be shorter if required.
- We will contact you via email after the booking to confirm your chosen time slot and confirm any access requirements that you may have including BSL, captioning and give us any more relevant information about how we can make this as enjoyable and fulfilling as possible.
Make & Believe Z-access activities
3 tickets are available per night
All activities will be creative-writing based and led by Natasha
You can choose from two sessions, Storybook making and telling or Christmas Time is Creative Time
All activities will be arts & crafts and are led by Gill
You can choose from two sessions, Twig Christmas Decorations or Festive Wreath Making
All activities will be music-based and led by Jack
You can choose from two sessions, Logic Skills & Song-writing or Intro to BandLab
All activities will be arts activities and led by Janine
You can choose from two sessions Hand Print Festive Greetings Cards or Winter Wonderland Collage
All activities will music-related and led by Yemi
You can choose from two sessions Rhythm, Rhyme and Wordplay or Make-a-shake-a (this is craft-based)
All activities are adaptable for individual needs but please note that:
Logic Skills & Song-writing & Intro to BandLab are both aimed at 12+ and do not require prior musical experience but you will need a computer with a mouse rather than a tablet or phone.
If you are unsure as to which activity would suit your child and family best, please contact email@example.com who can guide you to choose the most appropriate activity, help with the booking process and ensure that the creative team are aware of all of your needs.
We haven’t put any age ranges in for these sessions as we know everyone has individual levels of skill; whilst we hope to be able to adapt all our activities, please choose an activity that you think you and your child will enjoy taking part in and have the resources at home to complete.
Book tickets now - choose a time belowShow accessible performances only
Times displayed in grey may be sold out or not currently available. Alternatively workshops may be locked for Bright Sparks Members and require a log in.