Z-arts are very pleased to announce that we’re continuing our dedicated range of inclusive arts opportunities for children and young people with additional educational needs and disabilities. They will be running this February as part of our Make & Believe sessions. These sessions are free of charge.
Our Z-Access Make & Believe programme offers bespoke & accessible one-to-one online sessions for children and families. All these sessions will help you to develop skills, work creatively, build confidence and, most importantly, have fun!
We have designed the Z-Access programme with flexibility in mind, so children and their families can choose:
- The artists they would like to work with from the Z-arts Creative team.
- The art form they like to join in with (Story-writing, music, arts & crafts etc)
- The activity they would like to complete (see the activity descriptions)
- The time that suits them best from 4.00, 5.00 or 6.00pm on that day
All you need to do now is decide who, what and when!
The sessions will be one-to-one so we just need you to make sure that for each session one child and one grown-up join in with the activity on Zoom. All details will be sent out prior to the event starting.
Please let us know about access needs as soon as you are able in order to give us time to accommodate all requests. If you require a BSL interpreter, please aim to let us know at least a week before your class.
- Take a look at the sessions below to help you decide what you want to do and then book 1 ticket for your family for that day. (click here to see the full activity descriptions)
- All activities will last approximately 50 mins. But can be shorter if required.
- We will contact you via email after the booking to confirm your chosen time slot and confirm any access requirements that you may have including BSL, captioning and give us any more relevant information about how we can make this as enjoyable and fulfilling as possible.
Make & Believe Z-access activities
3 tickets are available per night
All activities be creative-writing based and led by Natasha
You can choose between two sessions, Story Building and Character Building
All activities will be arts & crafts and are led by Kirsty
You can choose from two sessions, Pop Art Leaf Prints or Sploshy Spring Flowers
Logic Skills & Music Making is music-based and will be led by Jack
All activities are arts and crafts-based and led by Tabitha
You can choose from two sessions, The Kindness Tree and Draw and Create your own Superheroes
All activities will language-related and led by Yemi
You can choose from two sessions, Rhythm, Rhyme and Wordplay or Limericks and Riddles
All activities are adaptable for individual needs but please note that:
Logic Skills & Music Making is aimed at 12+ and do not require prior musical experience but you will need a computer with a mouse rather than a tablet or phone.
If you are unsure as to which activity would suit your child and family best, please contact email@example.com who can guide you to choose the most appropriate activity, help with the booking process and ensure that the creative team are aware of all of your needs.
We haven’t put any age ranges in for these sessions as we know everyone has individual levels of skill; whilst we hope to be able to adapt all our activities, please choose an activity that you think you and your child will enjoy taking part in and have the resources at home to complete.
Book tickets now - choose a time belowShow accessible performances only
Times displayed in grey may be sold out or not currently available. Alternatively workshops may be locked for Bright Sparks Members and require a log in.