We’re so pleased and excited we are going to be welcoming Bright Sparks back into Z-arts from Tuesday 29th September.
There are some changes that we have had to make to ensure that all children, their families and Z-arts employees are as safe as possible. We are carefully considering and following the guidance from the government and World Heath Authority. Some of the guidance and our response to it, has resulted in changes to the days of classes, the classes we are running and how many people can attend. We hope this is temporary and will continue to review our programme and plans on a monthly basis.
Bright Sparks Membership
· All children and young people who attend our classes must be registered Bright Sparks members from before 1st April 2020.
· No new Bright Sparks members are being taken on until further notice.
· If your membership has lapsed between 1st April and 29th September then you will be asked to renew your membership.
· The £15 membership has been removed. However, we are asking that if you are able to, that a donation of £15 to Z-arts in lieu of the membership fee would help us in this time of great uncertainty.
We are currently unable to allow volunteers into classes and we are reducing the number of facilitators within sessions. This means that we have had reduced our staff ratios for the activities. As before all facilitators are DBS checked and safeguarding trained and have all undertaken Covid-19 Prevention training.
· Classes for ages 5-7 years will have a capacity of 6
· Classes for ages 8-11 years will have a capacity of 8
· Classes for ages 12+ years will have a capacity of 12
· As we have reduced capacity within our classes, we’ve altered the regular activity timetable and adapted it to follow the Covid-19 guidance and we are introducing Z-arts Bubbles.
· We have also taken the decision to close Z-arts on a Monday. As it stands, we will be running classes after school Tuesday to Thursday and on a Saturday morning.
· Children can now only sign up for 1 class per week per term to allow all children the opportunity to attend an activity (with digital activities available for those who are unable to attend in person). The class timetable is available in the booklet attached.
· Classes will no longer be drop-in but once you have chosen your activity you will attend this for the term in person and the other children and young people in the activity will form your Bubble.
· We will continue to review these arrangements in line with new guidance and will be updating members on plans for post-Christmas by the start of November.
· If you are unable to sign up for any activities pre-Christmas you will be given priority for the activities in the New Year.
How to register for activities
To register for activities please call Z-arts on 0161 232 6087 between the hours of 3.00pm – 5.00pm from Tuesday 22 to Friday 25 September. To ensure that all children can attend one activity we are encouraging phone bookings, but if booking over the phone is not possible for you, you can email box office on firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Drop off and Pick-up
When dropping off and collecting children & young people you please try to limit this to one person.
Please bring children and young people to box office where they will be registered. This is VITAL as this will allow us to Track and Trace all visitors to Z-arts in line with the Covid-19 regulations.
Once you have been registered you will be allocated a table within the Café (café facilities are currently closed). These will be spaced at least 1.5 metres from each other and you need to remain seated.
Children and young people need to visit the bathroom before activities start.
Adults are encouraged not to wait at Z-arts.
On collection you will return to your table and children and young people will be returned to the café by the facilitator.
Please ensure that you observe social distancing guidelines when encountering other parents / guardians.
Out of concern for the safety of all of our members and staff, if your child is showing any signs of illness, he/she will not be permitted to attend the activity. If your child becomes sick while at Z-arts, they will be isolated from others in the building and the parent or guardian will be expected to pick him/her up immediately. They will be isolated with a member of staff in a safe but public area to ensure their safety.
Children and young people may bring their personal technology devices at their own risk but they must not be used in activities.
In accordance with recommendations from the UK Government and the World Health Organization (WHO), members and staff will be required to observe strict social distancing guidelines by staying at least 1.5 metres away from others at all times.
The booklet attached has more information and a timetable for upcoming classes. Download it now: Zarts Covid 19 Participation 21.09.20 (2)