Z-arts is dedicated to developing and nurturing long-term relationships with artists, we work closely with creatives who want to make excellent high quality theatre for children, specifically diverse work that reflects the communities we serve. We are particularly interested in work that seeks the voice of children in the research, development and creation of work.
Here are some ways in which we offer artist support:
- During lockdown, Zoe Pickering (Head of Programming) has been offering mentorship and development opportunities to artists that we have been working with, as well as meeting and supporting new artists through the Greater Manchester Artist Hub. Zoe will be offering monthly 1-2-1 surgeries through GM Artist Hub, so please book via the website.
- Regular artist consultations and open meetings – sharing bold, bright ideas which influence how we continue to empower artists, helping to further develop their practice and create work with the support of Big Imaginations.
- We offer rehearsal space to artists making work for children.
- Big Imaginations has two small strands of Research & Development budget – one for Z-arts, and another for Big Imaginations, which is allocated annually by committee.
- We have a commission budget both for Z-arts and Big Imaginations.
- We also co-commission work.
Check out what our artists and freelancers had to say about working with Z-arts and Big Imaginations: Artist Support 2021