Our children and families make our world go round, and their health and well being is at the heart of everything we do. We have made some changes to the way we operate and to our building to help keep everyone safe during the ongoing pandemic.
- Building improvements – We have renovated our toilets in the cafe area so they are each all a larger, family-style loo. Plenty of room for you and your children to go in but no squashing in to queue! Queueing spots are marked on the floor, safely away from the cubicles. We will be renovating other areas of the building too and we have had major works done to both our water pressure and air flow systems
- Masks – We ask that people over the age of 11 years old wear a mask or face covering and keep it on during their stay (apart from if you’re eating an ice cream – can you imagine the mess?!)
- Cleaning – We have invested in an eco-friendly, brand spanking new and very exciting anti-viral cleaning system, Toucan Eco. We now make our own cleaning products on-site and use refillable bottles, so less wasted plastic but fully compliant and safe. We use a machine to ‘mist’ our rooms after each class (we look like we’re in Ghostbusters, its fun!) and Toucan Eco also doubles as alcohol-free hand sanitiser which we have installed in the dispensers around the building
- Give Space – So as to not make things too complicated for small people, we operate a very simple ‘keep left’/give space policy in the building with arrows for those who might not know their left from their right just yet! There are boxes and spots for dancing in in class so we don’t crash into each other, and all our rooms have the correct amount of chairs in, all spaced out nicely so you won’t breathe on each other by accident
- Classes – Numbers have been reduced and starting times staggered so there there’s not a mad hour at box office! We take temperatues at the door before class and parents are encouraged wherever possible to not wait inside the building
- Theatre – We are extremely excited to be reopening our theatre and unveiling our beautiful new seats! We now have a seating plan for you to be able to choose seats in advance, all socially distanced but plenty of availability for families or bubbles. We have invested in a posh new scanning system so you can use e-tickets on your phone, or print them at home. Your tickets will have a door colour on them and all four of the theatre doors will be used. Stewards will be on hand to tell you which door to head to, and the theatre doors will be open for you to take your seats 20 minutes prior to the start time. We would ideally like you to keep your face coverings on while in the theatre too, unless you’re having a drink or snack
- Cafe – the cafe is a little more complicated but we are hoping to get reopened as soon as possible so watch this space! In the meantime, we will have cash concessions stalls at the theatre doors selling ice creams, fizzy pop, water, juice, milkshakes and our sweet pick’n’mix bags (all veggie)
- Gallery – The Tiger who Came to Tea is sill not quite ready for us to open. We are all absolutely desperate for Tiger, Mog and friends to have some small visitors but until we can make the experience not just safe but FUN and safe, we aren’t taking bookings. For those of you unlucky enough to have had your tickets cancelled, we still have you on a list for priority booking when we reopen the exhibition, and we are of course still happy to refund or swap your tickets for another show or event (or even a cuddly toy from our shop!)
Finally, we would like to say a big THANK YOU to all our friends, wonderful families and supporters! So many of you have sent truly thoughtful and kind messages to us and been so generous with your donations, we have all been incredibly touched. If you would like to donate, or become a Z-arts Friend, you can do so here
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to Z-arts again soon!