Big Imaginations – Bringing Brilliant Children’s Theatre To The North West
Z-arts are leading on a North west consortium of venues who have a commitment to children’s theatre.
Our mission is to create an environment where a wide range of high quality children’s theatre can thrive in the North West; utilising the work of great companies to develop audiences for children’s work. We all recognise the value of working together to create a new appropriately diverse programme of touring work for children and families in the region.
Our objectives are:
1) Audiences: To develop and nurture longer-term relationships with audiences and market a programme of touring work for children and families in order to ensure as many people as possible experience and are inspired by great art.
2) Promoters: To drive and strengthen a consortium and touring circuit in the North West enabling quality children’s shows to come to the region more readily, making it more cost-effective and sustainable.
3) Artists: To develop and nurture longer-term relationships with artists making excellent work for children, specifically work of a diverse nature to reflect the communities we serve.
4) To support and encourage cross-venue partnership consortiums to support and share resources and skills, developing CPD for children’s theatre especially in the areas of programming, marketing and audience development, by visiting festivals and showcases and sharing best practice.
Founder members are:
- Liz O’Neill (CEO) – Z-Arts (formerly Zion Arts Centre), Manchester
- Fay Lamb (CEO) – The Citadel, St Helens
- Janine Waters (Artistic Director) – The Edge, Manchester
- Claire Smith & Jen Henry (Rural Arts Officers) – Cheshire & Lancashire Rural Touring Networks
- Martin Green & Gillian Forrester (Arts Officers) – Wigan LCT
- Mandy Precious & Karen Barnes – Burnley Youth Theatre
- Julia Brown (Producer & Communications Manager) – The Dukes, Lancaster
- Matt Fenton (Director) – Live at LICA, Nuffield, Lancaster
- Emma Lloyd (Marketing & Programme manager) – The Atkinson, Southport
- Claire Bigley (Arts Development Team Leader) – The Brindley, Runcorn
- Rosie Scott (Development Manager) – Waterside Arts Centre, Manchester
- Joanne Marwood – Barrow Fourm