A pilot North West Associate Dance Artist scheme for 2014-15
Dance Manchester and MDI are working together to strengthen artist development and dance production in the North West of England. In this context we are delighted to be launching Moving Dance Forward Associates, a pilot North West Associate Dance Artist scheme for 2014-15.
We are bringing together other regional partners who are equally interested in supporting the development of artists to offer a package of support and opportunities across the year.
The other partner organisations currently include:
- The Lowry, Salford
- Salford University, Salford
- Unity Theatre, Liverpool
- Z-Arts, Manchester
We anticipate supporting between 2-4 individual artists or companies through Moving Dance Forward during 2014-15. This model may mean that one artist may access support from all partners within the project across the year, or that a number of different artists are engaged and offered support by different partners within the project. It is anticipated that the minimum any one artist/company may receive as part of this would be £4000 towards their development.
The Successful Artist(s)
To apply you must be an artist that
- Resident in the North West of England (permanent address in the region)
- Have evidence of 3 years work as a professional dance artist/choreographer
- Have experience in choreographing on a group
- Have created some professional performance work within or out of the region
- Not currently be in receipt of National Portfolio Funding from Arts Council England
- This is primarily about supporting the development of artists who want to make and present professional performance work
Shortlisted artists will be invited to give a pitch to the partners about their work. Pitches will take place on the 12th May 2014
More information and an application form are available from www.dancemanchester.org.uk
(application form in the work in dance section, under Moving Dance Forward)
The deadline for applications is: 5pm on 23rd April 2014Your completed application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org